GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) Fall is in the air, and this weekend the weather will definitely call families outside. Check out Maranda’s top picks in this week’s Five Star Family Fun Update. To get a full list of events e-mailed to you each week, click here to sign up! Don’t forget to tune in weekdays at 4:30pm for Maranda Where You Live on WOTV 4 Women.
Flick’s family film festival free movie this week-Smurfs!
- Free movies for kids 12 and under
- STEAM Village: Schools and visitors of all ages are invited to drop by our unique learning lab experience in the STEAM Village located at HUB/HQ. Open everyday
- Color West Michigan ArtPrize Rock Hunt – Color West Michigan is hiding painted rocks for you to find at ArtPrize. This is a great opportunity to spread some kindness and joy.
- African American Arts and Music Festival – Calder Plaza (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Rockford Harvest Festival
- The event takes place Saturday, Sept. 23 – Sunday, Sept. 24 and is filled with family-fun activities that carry a fall theme.
- The weekend will include many of the favorites of years’ past including the crowd favorites Chili Cook Off, Tractor Parade, Antique Tractor Show, Live Music, Museum Attic Sale, Rockford Rotary Barbecue, Rockford United Methodist Church Pancake Breakfast, Corner Bar Land with Children’s activities including a Petting Zoo & Pony Rides, Children’s Costume Contest, Coloring Contest, Kid’s Tractor Pull, Movies on the Rogue and Trick or Treating.
Art Fest at the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Kids’ ArtFest: A Celebration of the Arts
- Spend an afternoon exploring the wonderful world of art! Paint, sculpt, draw, design jewelry, create mosaics, enjoy live performances at the stage, meet ArtPrize artists and so much more!
- Sunday, September 24
- Noon-5:00pm on Sheldon Ave & Library St.
- All outdoor activities are free. Admission is required to play inside the museum.
Tulipanes Latino Art & Film Festival
- Through Sunday, September 24 – 8th street in Holland.
- The Tulipanes Latino Art and Film Festival is held in September, and welcomes thousands to celebrate the many contributions of our Latino community through art, film, and music.
- The festival will engage the imagination through a variety of of artists who bring their talent and collective contributions together for this celebration.
Fall harvest Festival and Tractor Show – Hastings
- The Fall Harvest Festival is September 22-24, 2017 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
- The public is invited to experience first-hand the fall harvest techniques and activities from the early-to-mid 1900s.
- Admission is Adults $6.00 and Kids $4.00 ages 5 -12.
Racing at Berlin Raceway
- It’s time for some dirt! American Ethanol Late Models, American Ethanol Modifieds and Street Stocks
- Saturday – All races start at 6:30pm
Museum Day Live
- Michigan’s Heritage Park at Hilt’s Landing – Muskegon
- September 23 from 10:00am – 4:00pm, it’s Museum Day Live!
- Enjoy a free tour of Michigan’s Heritage Park in Whitehall as part of Smithsonian Magazine’s 13th Annual Museum Day Live.
- One ticket for two free admissions can be downloaded per email address.
- To obtain free admission, download tickets via: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/museum-day-live-2017/tickets/.
- Tickets must be presented in paper or digital form.