GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV4) – Christmas is right around the corner, which means a few things: I’m constantly butchering Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, wearing way too much red and green, and scarfing down my advent chocolates daily.
Fun fact? A good costume party can fill this girl’s heart. With Christmas being the best holiday of the bunch, it gives me no choice but to go all-out every year.
After searching Pinterest endlessly, here’s how I became an elf in 4 easy steps:
1) Elf ears
Whether they’re pointed tips or attached to your hat, elf ears are an essential piece of this costume.
- Pointed Elf Ears (Party City): $4.99
- Jolly Elf Hat (Party City): $4.99
- Elf Beanie (Party City): $7.99
2) Festive skirt / dress
Get ready to dance and twirl in these fun pieces.
- Elf Long-Sleeve Dress (Party City): $24.99
- Elf Skirt (Party City): $16.99
- Women’s Christmas Tunic Sweater (Kohl’s): $29.99
3) Colored tights / socks
Elves’ personalities reflect their outfit choices; colorful and full of life.
- Women’s Knee-High Socks (Target): $5
- Adult Elf Tights (Party City): $6.99
- Red Footless Tights (Party City): $6.99
4) Christmas accessories
Make drinking that jingle juice a little easier with a cute wrap around shot glass!
- Wembley Holiday Suspenders (Kohl’s): $13.99
- Christmas Shot Glass Necklaces (Party City): $7.99
- Holiday Earrings (Party City): $3.99
- Candy Cane Prop (Party City): $1.99