GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) – Start seated with legs crossed or in a chair resting the backs of the hands on your knees or thighs. Keep the spine elongated and shoulders relaxed, chin can be slightly tucked. Establish a slow and steady breathing pattern letting the mind become clear by bringing focus to the breath.
Now use the silent meditation mantra- sa ta na ma, while touching each finger to the thumb.
Use this pattern –
- Press the index finger + thumb for SA
- Press the middle finger + thumb for TA
- Press the ring finger + thumb for NA
- Press the little finger + thumb for MA
This meditation can be done vocally or mentally so if you have trouble focusing at first try repeating the mantra aloud and then in a whisper and then silent meditation.
The benefits of this meditation are:
- Increases intuitive abilities and mental clarity.
- Clears the mind of negative emotions and impressions.
- Builds concentration and mental focus.
- Brings a sense of peace and tranquility.
- Increases self awareness.