GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) -This holiday season many West Michigan families are looking for ways to give back and help those in need. So we have created a Season of Service campaign featuring different non-profit organizations throughout our community. Each week now through Christmas we will highlight an organization showcasing the work being done and ways families can volunteer and donate. Take time to look through this list and discover ways your family can serve others and make a difference Where You Live!
New City Kids is a Grand Rapids organization. Their mission is “Loving kids for change to create a community of academic, leadership, musical, and spiritual development.” New City Kids walks with a child from first grade through college and beyond. Check out the video to find out more about this organization.
- Daily snacks for 55 kids, things like apples, granola bars, cookies, bananas. We provide a snack every day.
- Headphones that fit over ears. These are $16 each and we need 25 pairs.
- Small toys such as transformers, sports equipment, and drawing materials. They can be gender specific.
- $200 towards one After School Center scholarship. This helps one child from Stocking or Harrison Park school attend New City Kids 120 days/year.
- $1,000 towards Teen Life internship. This helps teens, their families and the kids they serve.
- A gift of any amount helps us keep our doors open 240 days/year.
- Musicians of any kind from 4-6pm M-Th during school year. Contact email@example.com
- Tutors from 4-6pm for elementary age children M-Th. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adults to tutor teens Tuesday nights from 6-8pm during school year. Contact email@example.com
- Bass or drum teachers Tuesday or Wednesday night from 6-7pm. during the school year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We need meals provided for our teen gathering on Monday-Thursday nights. There are usually 10 teens. Contact email@example.com to arrange.
- All volunteers complete a volunteer application process which is easy to begin by contacting one of the leaders mentioned above.