GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) What could be more fun than creating a themed dinner for you and your family? There are many themes to choose from – ethnic meals, breakfast for dinner, or a movie theme. Meijer has some great ideas for a Star Wars theme. The food is simple and healthy and your children can decorate the table and assist with preparation.
Star Wars Veggie & Chicken Soup
Makes approx. 4 servings
- 2 cans Campbell’s® Star Wars Condensed Soup
- 2 soup cans water
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Add soup, water, vegetables and chicken to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Thread green grapes and other fruits onto short wooden skewers for each person.
- Whole grain bread
- Low fat chedder cheese slices
- Lean ham slices
- Low fat mayonnaise
- Print out the Millennium Falcon cutout
- Toast two pieces of bread until medium to well done. Let cool slightly.
- Place the cutout on the toast and carefully carve the Millennium Falcon shape out on both slices of toast.
- Spread both piece with mayonnaise. Add low fat cheese slices and ham to one piece of toast.
- Place the second piece on top.
Mix Tropicana Farmstand Tropical Green 100% Fruit and Vegetable Juice with Sparkling Water
Now that you have some delicious recipes to prep, keep your kids engaged at the table with these simple conversation starters:
- How did you help someone today, and how did someone help you?
- What do you want to be like when you grow up?
- What do you like to daydream about?
- What’s your favorite summer memory?
- What’s your favorite meal?
For more meal inspiration, visit Meijer.com/ahealthieryou for weekly dinner menus and check out the Produce for Kids recipe cards in the Meijer produce department during September for more healthy meal ideas. Don’t forget to visit Jump with Jill to show off what’s on your table for the chance to win a $100 Meijer gift card!