GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) – Whether you’re getting ready for back to school or just reluctantly saying goodbye to the summer months, there’s still time to squeeze in those last minute activities! Here are 5 must-dos around West Michigan to accomplish this Labor Day weekend.
- Hit the Lakeshore. Seriously, it’s right there! Make a pact with yourself or your family to check out a beautiful West Michigan beach before summer is over. Whether you want to swim, catch a sunset, or have a picnic, you won’t be sorry when you take in the beautiful views.
- Go to the zoo. This is a great family outing and much more fun to do while the weather is warm. Check out John Ball Zoo, Binder Park Zoo, or Critter Barn. Sun, fun, and animals with the whole family.
- Get up north! Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to take one last road trip up north. Traverse City is an easy skip away where you can check out the beach, shop downtown, or rent a paddleboard and enjoy what’s left of the West Michigan summer.
- Catch a Whitecaps game this weekend! The Whitecaps are home Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Labor Day weekend. Check out a game before summer ends.
- Grab your favorite summer foods from around West Michigan! We’re talking Pronto Pups, Pinkies, and everything else in between that screams, ‘Summer!’.