GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)- If your tomato plants are bursting with fruit chances are you don’t know what to do with all of those buckets of produce. You may be giving them away or doing a lot of canning! Here’s eight ideas for your garden tomatoes.
1. We love this gorgeous caprese salad! Simple fresh ingredients make a delicious dish.
2. Yum! A fresh breakfast twist with cherry tomatoes, eggs and spinach.
3. A true taste of Summer: chips, guacamole and fresh salsa.
4. An awesome open face sandwich stuffed with veggies piled high on a portabella cap.
5. Fresh bruschetta with garden tomatoes, olives, yellow peppers and fresh herbs.
6. Bulging BLT’s! Nothing tastes better than fresh tomatoes on a BLT. Add avocado for a creamy twist.
7. Satisfying Summer pasta. Toss spinach, tomatoes and fresh basil with hot pasta & EVOO.
8. Save em’ for later! Learn to can and make salsa, tomato juice or fresh sauce.