Show Us the Love at the Maranda Park Party
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Show Us the Love at the Maranda Park Party (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by LIN Television Corporation d/b/a WOOD TV 8/WOTV 4 (“WOTV 4 Women”). Promotion is only offered in the WOTV 4 Women viewing area in the Michigan counties of Allegan, Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Ionia, Kalamazoo, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa, St. Joseph, and Van Buren (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WOTV 4 Women shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating, you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on June 23, 2016. Final entry deadline is July 28, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawings to determine potential winners will be held each Friday starting on June 24, 2016 and ending on July 29, 2016. WOTV 4 Women’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- For Promotion information and announcements, visit http://wotv4women.com (the “Promotion Page”). This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing information to WOTV 4 Women and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Promotion must be directed to WOTV 4 Women and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least thirteen (13) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above). Minors must have permission of parent or legal guardian to enter. You must have a public Instagram account in order to enter.
- Employees of WOTV 4 Women, Media General, Inc. (“Media General“), National CineMedia, LLC (“Celebration! Cinema”), any other television stations in the Promotion Area, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- In addition, you are not eligible to win a prize in this Promotion if you have won and received a prize in any WOTV 4 Women-sponsored promotion in the thirty (30) days prior to the relevant drawing date in this Promotion.
Prizes & ODDS
- Grand Prizes (6): $25 Celebration! Cinema Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value: $25.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit one (1) prize per household.
- Gift cards are redeemable for movie tickets and concession purchases at your Celebration! Cinema. Gift Cards never expire. Gift card prizes are subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer. Visit https://celebrationcinema.com/giftcards for more information.
- All prize details shall be at WOTV 4 Women’s sole discretion. Each winner (or his or her parent/guardian, if a minor) assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees. Any person who wins prizes through any WOTV 4 Women-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Any prize or portion thereof not used or accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that WOTV 4 Women in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by WOTV 4 Women. WOTV 4 Women has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning June 23, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. ET and ending July 28, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To enter:
- Attend a free Maranda Park Party (each, a “Party”) from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET (for dates and locations, see “Maranda Park Party Schedule” below);
- Take photo (your “Photo”) of yourself at the Party making a “heart” with your hands;
- Finally, log into your personal Instagram account (set to public) using your Instagram user name and password, upload your Photo with hashtag #MarandaParkParty and no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the same day.
Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- IMPORTANT: DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE Promotion.
- Maranda Park Party Schedule: Maranda Park Parties are currently scheduled to take place every Friday beginning on June 23, 2016 and ending on July 28, 2016 from 11:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., at the following locations:
- June 23, 2016 – Lamar Park, 2561 Porter Street, Wyoming, Michigan;
- June 30, 2016 – Smith-Ryerson Park, 650 Wood Street, Muskegon, Michigan;
- July 7, 2016 – Upjohn Park, 1018 Walter Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan;
- July 14, 2016 – Kollen Park, 240 Kollen Park Drive, Holland, Michigan;
- July 21, 2016 – East Kentwood High School, 6230 Kalamazoo Ave. S.E., Kentwood, Michigan; and
- July 28, 2016 – Northwestern Middle School, 176 Limit Street, Battle Creek, Michigan.
All dates, times and locations are subject to change in the sole of discretion of WOTV 4 Women.
- To be eligible for a particular drawing, entries must be received by WOTV 4 Women no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the same day as the Maranda Park Party above where you took the picture. All entries must be received by WOTV 4 Women no later than July 28, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WOTV 4 Women. WOTV 4 Women will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Non-winning entries will not carry forward to subsequent drawings, if any. Limit one (1) entry per person per drawing. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Instagram accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in WOTV 4 Women’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be associated with a valid Instagram account (set to “public”) for the entrant. WOTV 4 Women is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an Instagram account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Instagram account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address associated with the Instagram account used for entry by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WOTV 4 Women. WOTV 4 Women is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WOTV 4 Women reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WOTV 4 Women and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- In addition to the Website Terms (above), your entry must comply with all “Submission Requirements” below. (Winners will be selected by random drawings, not by judging of any Photo).
- Each Photo must satisfy the following Submission Requirements:
- Each Photo must include the hashtag #MarandaParkParty;
- Each Photo must be original to you (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not collaboration with any other person). In other words, only the person who took or created the Photo is permitted to submit it in this Promotion.
- No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to any Photo.
- No other identifiable individuals may be depicted in any Photo.
- Photos must not depict any identifiable brand names, trademarks, logos or trade names other than those belonging to WOTV 4 Women.
- Photos must not depict any behavior, symbols, gestures or other content that is inappropriate, vulgar, lewd, pornographic, obscene, indecent, hateful, tortious, illegal, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, false, or disparaging, or that invades any person’s privacy or other rights, or that promotes or advocates drug use, bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual, or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Entrant’s License & Warranty
- By submitting an entry, you expressly grant to WOTV 4 Women (and to those acting on WOTV 4 Women’s behalf) a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide royalty-free license (and waive all moral rights in and to the Photo) to display, reproduce, distribute, publish, perform, edit, otherwise use the Photo for advertising and promotional purposes, including the display of the Photo on WOTV 4 Women’s Instagram channel and/or any other websites in connection with this Promotion. For clarity, WOTV 4 Women has the right (but not the obligation) to publish any Photo on WOTV 4 Women’s website(s), Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest channels or websites and as WOTV 4 Women otherwise so chooses.
- By submitting an entry, you warrant that (a) you are legally entitled to submit the entry in the Promotion, (b) the entry does not infringe any third party rights, and (c) the entry complies with the Official Rules and Website Terms and you agree to indemnify and hold Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by you of these Official Rules or the warranties and/or representations made by you pursuant to these Official Rules.
- WOTV 4 Women may disqualify any entry that it determines has violated the Official Rules (including the Submission Requirements), or is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, at any time. You agree that WOTV 4 Women has the sole discretion to decide whether any entry satisfies these Official Rules and that its decisions are final.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- Each Friday starting on June 24, 2016 and ending on July 29, 2016, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WOTV 4 Women or its designee will randomly choose one (1) Instagram handle from all timely entries received from the previous day’s Maranda Park Party. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose handles are so drawn will be declared the winners.
- WOTV 4 Women will contact each potential winner by direct message from WOTV 4 Women’s Instagram profile (@wotv4women) to his or her Instagram account. Each winner must respond to initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours and provide his or her full name, e-mail address and phone number and may be required (or if a minor, his or her parent/legal guardian may be required) to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to WOTV 4 Women in person within five (5) business days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WOTV 4 Women in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winners must pick up prizes at WOTV 4 Women’s studios at 120 College Avenue S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49503, during regular business hours. WOTV 4 Women, in its sole discretion, may permit a verified winner to authorize, in writing, another adult to pick up his or her prize; provided that winner must agree to release and hold WOTV 4 Women harmless from all liability for any prize claimed by his or her authorized designee and winner’s designee will be required present photo ID.
- In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WOTV 4 Women within seventy-two (72) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WOTV 4 Women in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. WOTV 4 Women will conduct one (1) alternate winner drawing for any prize. If WOTV 4 Women cannot verify a winner for a particular prize after one (1) alternate winner drawing, no further drawings will be held for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
- WOTV 4 Women may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names on the Promotion Page and/or any of WOTV 4 Women’s websites, including http://wotv4women.com, and on or in any of WOTV 4 Women’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast them on any of WOTV 4 Women’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees (or if a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian agrees on his or her behalf) to award WOTV 4 Women the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WOTV 4 Women’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) agree that WOTV 4 Women, Media General, Celebration! Cinema, Facebook, Instagram, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WOTV 4 Women by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the winners or prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry (including any Photo); (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials (including any Photos) during or after the Promotion, (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that WOTV 4 Women determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WOTV 4 Women’s control. In such an event, WOTV 4 Women will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WOTV 4 Women, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WOTV 4 Women concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WOTV 4 Women or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WOTV 4 Women to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WOTV 4 Women RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WOTV 4 Women determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WOTV 4 Women determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WOTV 4 Women. Each entrant (or his or her parent/guardian, if a minor) agrees to cooperate with WOTV 4 Women and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WOTV 4 Women reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Michigan law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.
- By entering the Promotion, you (or your parent/guardian if you are a minor) expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Kent County, Michigan, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Neither Instagram nor Facebook is a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winners’ List/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Promotion Page or http://wotv4women.com or mail a SASE to: Show Us the Love at the Maranda Park Party c/o WOTV 4 Women, 120 College Avenue S.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49503, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after August 29, 2016.