GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV) – For resale or for your own peace of mind, these quick and relatively easy and inexpensive tips can add value to your home.
- Clean, organize and neutralize your home. Uncluttering your house makes it feel bigger and gives you peace of mind. Buyers need to be able to envision their own things in your home.
2. Keep your lawn green. Spring is the right time to make a trip to your local hardware store for supplies to green up your lawn after a long hard winter.
3. Update bathroom fixtures. A little change can go a long way; update fixtures, maybe a new sink and some fluffy, fresh towels.
4. Repair the gutter to ensure that you’re protecting your home against water damage.
5. Light up the outside. This will increase your home’s outdoor space, and make it more appealing and safer.
6. Store and organize. Ample storage space is always a plus; efficient closet structures can keep your clothes organized and can save space.
Now these tips are a bit more expensive, so you may want to plan out a little further:
7. Add insulation to save energy. This can save you 25% in energy costs over time.
8. Build a fence. The appearance of a fence adds value to a home. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard.
9. Update kitchen appliances. The kitchen is the first room that folks gravitate to so an updated kitchen certainly adds value. New appliances, replacing cabinetry doors and hardware can make a huge impact without doing a full remodel.
10. Finish off the basement. Rather than adding an additional room, it’s more cost effective to remodel the basement, adding value and usable space.