GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) — Respiration, perspiration and elimination are all part of your body’s natural detoxification system. Help your body “clean house” by following these five tips on a regular schedule throughout the year. Maybe you choose one day a week, one week every month or one month every quarter/season. Start slowly and build. Consistency is key!
Q: “If I want to do a detox what do I do?”
- Watch everything you are putting in your mouth in the form of food and drinks. Also, consider what products you are putting on your body in the form of lotions, beauty products, haircare products, cosmetics and fragrances. Think about the type of cleaning products are you are using. Are your home and workplace toxic environments in any way? You want to at least minimize or preferably eliminate anything that contains chemicals or synthetic ingredients.
- Buy organic produce, organic grass-fed meat, cage-free organic eggs, organic whole-grain baked goods, and organic grocery items. You want to minimize your consumption of chemicals.
- Minimize or eliminate acid forming foods and drinks like: Meat, dairy, processed foods, refined flour, refined sugar, conventional coffee, conventional black teas, and soda.
- Increase your water intake. Purified is best. Start slowly, be consistent and work up to one gallon a day. It’s not that hard if you drink regularly throughout the day. It may take you a month to get there but it will do wonders for your GI system and your skin.
- Eat more dark, leafy greens. Put everything you eat on a bed of dark leafies. They will fill you up quickly and alkalize your body too.
Happy New Year!