GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) The New Year is under way and with it, a new commitment for many to exercise. While some still claim they lack the time it takes to work out, WOTV 4 Women’s wellness expert Michele Fife has a solution for that.
Fife says some exercise is better than none at all and you can achieve a lot in ten to 15 minutes if you do it consistently. She recommends starting with smaller goals and working up. That way, there’s a better chance of completion and less room to get discouraged.
Fife’s four-minute workout is a great workout style for beginners. She recommends tackling the shorter workout during the week and saving longer workouts for weekends, when you have more time.
Four Minute Workout for Lower Body
- Interval training style – 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest
- Go through the routine for as much time as you have
- Benefits: multi-joint movement, increases heart rate, works glutes, hamstrings, quads, and core
2. Reverse “Curtsy” Lunge
- Benefits: targets glute med, challenges stabilization
3. Lateral Lunge
- Benefits: works glutes, abductors, and adductors
4. Single Leg RDL
- Benefits: targets glute med, strengthens hamstrings, challenges stabilization