GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Traditions can be simple things like reading favorite holiday books together each year, making special cookies, decorating with certain items, caroling together, or volunteering as a family. Maybe it’s doing special things together every year. Here are ten ideas on activities that take place around West Michigan that bring families together year after year.
- International Festival of Lights in Battle Creek
- Grand Rapids Ballet Company presentation of “The Nutcracker”
- Local theatres performing family friendly holiday shows
- ZooLights at Binder Park Zoo
- Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World at Frederik Meijer Gardens
- Santa Train on the Coopersville & Marne Railway
- Critter Barn Live Nativity in Zeeland
- Kerstmarkt at Eighth Street Market Place in Holland
- Santa’s Workshop in downtown Kalamazoo
- Christmas Lite Show at Fifth Third Ball Park
These are just a few options. We know there are hundreds of other organizations that offer fabulous festive events for families. What are some of the traditions your family celebrate during the holidays? Comment below, post them on Maranda’s Facebook page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.