IONIA, Mich. (WOTV)-Everyone should know where they’re next meal is coming from. Unfortunately that is not the case for thousands of children living in the West Michigan community. The IM Kids 3rd Meal program is committed to ending childhood hunger in Ionia and Montcalm Counties, here’s a look at how they’re fighting for the cause….
>>>>Click video above to view
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and the IM KIDS 3rd Meal is seeking groups of 5-10 people to commit to volunteering one day a month. Volunteers can sign up as a group or individual to volunteer on a repeating schedule or as a one-time event. CLICK HERE for information on volunteering this season.
How to know if students who are food insecure…
- rush to the food lines
- have extreme hunger on Monday mornings
- eat all the food served at meal times
- ask for seconds
- frequently tell teachers they are hungry
- They are…
- extremely thin, puffy, or swollen
- hyperactive, irritable, withdrawn, or aggressive
- have problems getting along with others
- always sick or absent from school