GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) ArtPrize 7 kicks off in a few days. It’s a wonderful family-friendly event that exposes children to art of all kids. Maranda has some suggestions on how to keep kids’ creative juices flowing when you get back home.
- Cut out pictures from magazines of things you love. Paste them on a piece of paper and hang it in your room to remind you of all the things that make you happy.
- Write a poem about a pet you have or one you wish you had.
- Turn on music you love and dance around the living room!
- Paint with anything other than a paintbrush – think cotton ball, feather, pencil eraser.
- Make a musical instrument out of things you find in kitchen cupboards.
- Collect interesting items from your yard or a park and arrange them into a cool design on your kitchen table.
- Write happy messages in chalk on your driveway.
- Build a tower or a space creature out of recycled boxes and cardboard tubes.
- Create something amazing out of toothpicks, straws, mini marshmallows and aluminum foil.
- Make cards for the people you love the most. Write special notes and draw fun pictures that you think will make them smile!
Be inspired to create more amazing art by visiting ArtPrize in downtown Grand Rapids with your family. See more than 1,500 works of art covering three square miles of the city from September 23 to October 11, 2015. Best of all, ArtPrize is totally FREE!