GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (WOTV) One of the best times of year to visit the lakeshore city of Grand Haven is during the annual Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival!
Our cameras got to spend the day with a Coast Guard crew, from their early morning physical activity to their daily checks that cover every inch of their boats. Board a Coast Guard ship to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of how the ship works and how the men and women of the U.S. Coast Guard do their jobs.
The Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival is July 24 through August 2. Free ship tours are offered July 27 thought August 1. Click here for details.
Coast Guard Festival Schedule
- Kids’ Parade – Saturday, July 25
- Kids’ Day – Tuesday, July 28
- Senior Day – Wednesday, July 29
- Grand Parade – Saturday, August 1
- Fireworks – Saturday, August 1