GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV)- In the age of the smartphones, we find ourselves constantly plugged in and connected. This can leave you charging and re-charging throughout the day. Cut out the delay with these 5 tips to make your cell battery last even longer:
1) Deactivate wifi when not in use: When you leave the wifi on, your phone wastes tons of battery searching for wifi like a dog looking for a bone
2) Maximize wifi when you have it: Use the time connected to wifi to download, sync, and stream. It uses less battery and saves your data!
3) Find out what’s sucking your battery life: For Android, try an app like Battery Doctor, that shows where you use the most power and when. iOS 8 on iPhone has a very handy way to show exactly what’s using your battery, go to Settings → General → Usage Usage. Under the section at the top labeled Battery, tap Battery Usage.
4) Turn down the brightness: Display settings generally suck up most of your phone’s power. Keep you screen brightness at a lower setting and if your battery is depleting, turn it even lower.
5) Charge smarter, not longer: Unlike standard nickel based batteries, such as rechargeable AA’s, the lithium battery in your phone is designed to be charged early and often, and letting them get too low can damage the battery.