GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV)- Both chic and classic, floors of tile or stone say “welcome home.” They’re elegant. On-trend. Some even have recycled content. And tile is not just for the kitchen or bath—our styles captivate in any room of the house. You can even put tile in the bedroom, evoking the dreamy feeling of a Roman villa. In any space, you’ll love the timeless look of tile.
Tile isn’t all pale beige anymore. Today’s new colors are richer and somewhat deeper, and there are exciting looks in surface texture and edge treatments. Tile is appearing in larger sizes, too, so that it’s easier than ever to make a dramatic statement you’ll love.
So, exactly what is trending?
1) Sophisticated products that are inviting you invincible – and for the busies homes, very durable porcelain tile that can also hold up in commercial settings.
2) Longer tile plans – 4 x 24 and 6 x 24 are two examples.
3 ) Antiqued edges that give an elegantly rustic look, resembling stone flooring of the Old Country.
4) Accent tiles that sparkle and shine, like jewelry that sets off a beautiful outfit; these tiles feature mosaic inserts of glass, metallic, and stone.
5) Glazed porcelain in a wider range of rich, earthy palettes
6) Surface and texture variations that mimic the natural variations of stone or wood.
7) Multi-layered glazing processes that give immense depth of texture and color, strong veining and realistic effect.
8) Tile that looks like wood is THE most popular today
9) Mixed surface looks combining old and new, organic and edgy – such as tile that looks like a cross between stained concrete and textured fabric, or between stylized wood and stone.
For more inspiring ideas, visit our website. Thanks to Shaw Floors for this inspiration.