GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)The Gazelle Girl Half-Marathon and 5K is quickly approaching. While you can’t get in months of training at this point, if you still want to get off the couch and get moving we’ve got great training guides from Gazelle Girl to help you. According to the American Heart Association, the benefits of walking and/or running are many and include:
- Reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Improving blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Improving blood lipid profile.
- Maintaining body weight and lowering the risk of obesity.
- Enhancing mental well-being.
You can get the benefits of walking and/or running by participating in a 5K or half-marathon. Remember during your training for a 5K or half-marathon to dress appropriately and carry water with you. Don’t forget to upload your favorite tunes to your MP3 player or check out our suggested playlist, and if you can bring along a friend. This April, join the women-only 5K and half-marathon and make the commitment to a healthier you! We’ll see you at the finish line.