GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Spring is in the air and that means runners all over the country are lacing up their sneakers and hitting the pavement. So, it’s time to update that iPod and get your feet moving to a new beat.
Just what are the best songs for your run? It depends who you ask. In August 2014, Runner’s World asked its readers on social media to vote for their favorite running song. After more than 1,200 nominations, the magazine published the best of the best and asked its readers to vote on the favorite. 38,087 votes later, they published the following:
- Lose Yourself, by Eminem
- Thuderstruck, by AC/DC
- Eye of the Tiger, by Survivor
- Dog Day Are Over, by Florence of the Machine
- Beautiful Day, by U2
- Til I Collapse, by Eminem
- Born to Run, by Bruce Springsteen
- Runnin’ Down a Dream, by Tom Petty
Now, if you’re looking for something a little more current, Run Hundred, a popular workout music blog published this list in March 2015.
- Hey Mama, by David Guetta, Afrojack & Nicki Minaj
- GDFR (K. Theory Remix), by Flo Rida, Safe the Gemini & Lookas
- Dangerous (Spacebrother’s Electro Stomp Remix), by Big Data & Joywave
- Worth It, by Fifth Harmony & Kid Ink
- Living for Love, by Madonna
- I Bet My Life, by Imagine Dragons
- Rollercoaster, by Bleachers
- Sugar, by Maroon 5
- Till It Hurts, by Yellow Claw & Ayden
- Calling Out (Elephante Remix), by Penguin Prison
And, this writer’s pick to add to all mixes, Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon. Now, time to kick up your heels. No excuses.