IONIA, Mich. (WOTV)-Here is your chance to support the March against Hunger. IM Kids 3rd Meal is an organization providing healthy, ready-to-eat 3rd Meals to food insecure children in Ionia and Montcalm counties. Churches in Ionia and Montcalm counties are supporting IM Kids 3rd Meal with “Fill a Pew”. Through the month of March and April, churches will be collecting items to help feed children living in food insecure homes. The Carson City United Methodist Church has decorated a church pew to collect their items providing wish list information Sunday’s bulletin. For additional ways to donate food, email Allison Peabody at email@example.com.
The size of this mission requires tremendous community support. In March, churches can fill a pew with food donations for IM Kids 3rd Meal through the “Fill a Pew” initiative. Join the March against Hunger for IM KIDS 3rd Meal.
Drop off donations at: HO Steel Education Center, 10260 S. Sheridan Rd., Fenwick, MI 48834. Questions on the “Fill a Pew” program contact Allison Peabody: firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-527-4900. For more information on how you or your company can support IM Kids 3rd Meal program, please call IM Kids 3rd Meal at 616-527-4900, email email@example.com or visit www.imkids.org.
IM Kids 3rd Meal is committed to ending childhood hunger in Ionia and Montcalm counties.
- In Ionia County 1 in 5 children are food insecure and in Montcalm County 1 in 4 are food insecure.
- Lack of enough healthy food can impair a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school.
- Hungry children struggle to stay on track with other students in school because they are more likely to experience headaches, stomachaches, colds, ear infections and fatigue.
IM Kids 3rd Meal Plan of Action
- The 3rd Meals are prepared by volunteers at the H.O. Steele Education Center, delivered to schools in the afternoon and then distributed to the students before they are dismissed for the day.
- Each 3rd Meal is a well-balanced, ready-to-eat evening meal.
- Students receive a 3rd Meal each school day.