GRAND RAPIDS,Mich. (WOTV) February may be the shortest month of the year, but it can feel long when the cold, dark winter days seem endless. Luckily there’s a fun event to help you break out of the winter blues.
1. The fifth annual Frozen in Time is a family-friendly event in downtown Grand Haven with live mannequins in storefronts that recreate some favorite animated movie and television characters. Frozen in Time is from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 21, with patrons able to enjoy snow-free sidewalks.
2. Also kicking off in February is Restaurant Week in Grand Haven. Twenty restaurants and bars are participating this year with special lunch and dinner offerings. A new component for 2015 is the Michigan Craft Beer Crawl, with nine tap take-overs happening in nine different pubs on Saturday, February 21. This year’s Wine About Winter event also features Pure Michigan wines.
Grand Haven Restaurant Week is February 20 through 28. Lunch specials are $8 and dinner specials are $15. When you dine out, enter a raffle to win a week’s lodging at Redstone, Colorado.
3. The Meijer State Winter Games is happening this weekend taking place February 20 – 22 2015. The opening ceremonies being held February 20 at Cannonsburg Ski & Ride Area (6800 Cannonsburg Rd NE Belmont Mich.) starting at 7 p.m. Check out festivities like the lighting of the cauldron and a big air exhibition with snowboarders and pro skiers. Learn more.
4. Saturday night head out to see the Griffins at Van Andel Arena. Get ticket information here.
5. Have a pirate adventure with the kids while Disney Junior Live is in town! The Pirates and Princesses Tour is a great afternoon of fun. Ticket info here.
For more family-friendly events happening across West Michigan this weekend, check out Maranda’s Five Star Family Fun Update.