GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV)- Help your body especially your muscles recover safely and properly after a workout. Its important to incorporate healthy and natural proteins in to you diet so here are some ideas so you can avoid meat or supplements. You want them to be easy to carry so you can fuel up post workout without a lot of effort.
I have a small thermos jug to use for the cooked or warm items, for the rest any mason jar will do.
- Peas – One cup of peas contains nine grams of protein!
- Cooked broccoli
- Edamame Beans – Soy protein contains all of the essential amino acids.
- Brown rice and beans – 1 cup of brown rice has 5 grams of protein. Beans are nutritional complement to the rice.
- Cooked spinach or kale
- Corn (non-GMO!!!) and beans
- Raw nuts (almonds are great)
When you replenish your body remember that along with protein you need carbohydrates and essential fats. They all work together to get the body recovered and ready for your next workout.
PS- Don’t forget the water!!!