GRAND RAPIDS, Mich (WOTV)- To be considered a wardrobe essential, an article of clothing has to have several important attributes.
- It must be versatile. – This is the most important quality of an essential piece of clothing. One key factor in versatility is color. Because wardrobe essentials have to go with lots of other clothing, they tend to be monochromatic and neutral in color.
- It should be classic in style. You want to stay on trend while not breaking the bank.
- It must be basic in color: black, brown, or navy: No one knows how often you wear them and stains are difficult to see. With basic colors you’re free to add color in other areas of your outfit and have fun with prints and accessories.
Here are a few wardrobe staples you can pick up at Goodwill at a great price!
- Black or nude pumps go with everything, and they can easily transition from day to night.
- Leggings – black, brown, and navy. Leggings have replaced thick black tights as wardrobe staples over the last 2 years. Leggings are great to pair with tunics and dresses.
- Cardigan sweaters are great for those times when you don’t know what the weather will be or you get stuck in an air-conditioned setting