Often people ask me what I eat as a Vegan. I always smile and tell them “everything” except for animal products. Its truly that easy and I really believe that due to my eating habits we actually enjoy more variety than most in our meals. Basically I can take almost any recipe and “veganize” it. There are delicious and healthy substitutes fro almost anything and I never ever skimp on taste.So here is a great vegan pad that recipe using one of my favorite brands- earthbalance. You can make this in under 30 minutes and feel free to customize the veggies to your liking as well as the hotness of the sauce.
Coconut and Peanut Pad Thai
Makes 4 servings
- earth balance organic coconut spread – 2 tbsp
- garlic – 3 cloves – minced
- ginger – 1 inch piece (fresh) – minced
- broccoli – 1 head – cut into florets
- earth balance creamy coconut & peanut spread – ½ cup
- lime juice – 2-3 tbsp
- tamari soy sauce – 2-3 tbsp
- coconut milk – ½ cup
- sriracha sauce – to taste
- scallions or green onions – small bunch – chopped
- peanuts – ½ cup – chopped
- rice noodles or soba noodles
Prepare noodles and set aside to cool.
In a separate pan, melt coconut spread on medium heat. Add minced garlic and ginger, then stir until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add broccoli florets and saute until tender and bright green (3 or 4 minutes).
In a large sauce pan mix Earth Balance Coconut and Peanut Spread, coconut milk, lime juice, tamari soy sauce, and optional sriracha sauce to taste (I like to add around 2 tsp). Heat and let thicken, stirring frequently. Add more coconut milk and/or tamari if it gets too thick to pour easily. Time to thicken should be around 5 minutes at medium heat.
Add cooked noodles to the sauce pan and mix until noodles are coated. Plate and top with broccoli and chopped peanuts.