The holidays are around the corner! To help ease the transition for your kids, if you are newly divorced, have your kids create a Christmas or Hanukah gift for their dad. Here is a fun and easy project that you will enjoy making and dad with enjoy getting!
Here is your supply list from a hobby store:
- A glass block (They come in several sizes and shapes and cost between $10 and $15. They have a plastic plug in the bottom so you can insert a short string of Christmas lights inside.)
- Short string of Christmas lights (clear works best).
- Mod Podge (to coat and adhere paper to the glass).
- Cheap 1/2″ brush for the Mod Podge.
- Stickers, sparkles, ribbon, tissue paper or other accents your kids pick out.
- Photos of your kids. (School photos work great, but are small so copy on a color copier at 150% or use a variety of photos.
- Remove any stickers from the block and wash the outside thoroughly and dry completely.
- Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge to the glass and quickly lay down any tissue paper or photos. Paint a thin layer over the top and smooth out any bubbles.
- Decorate with sparkles, stickers and ribbon. They will stick to the wet Mod Podge or you can add more so they are well anchored.
- Repeat on back side, with or without more photos.
- Insert lights through the plug in the bottom of the glass brick.
- Tie a ribbon around the sides with a bow on top!
- Dry overnight and you have a great personal gift for dad and he has a festive reminder of them when they are not with him during the holidays.