GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) With your busy back to school schedule, Meijer is “Ready! for you,” with foods your family will love! Look for the “Ready! for you” banners in store to find convenient and time-saving ideas for satisfying meals and snacks that you can have ready in no time.
- Ready! For Your busy lifestyle – saves time
- Ready! For Your cart – convenient
- Ready! For Your budget – saves money (everyday low price, weekly specials, mPerks)
Zesty Salsa Burgers
This recipe is a zesty new twist on the traditional hamburger with spicy tomatoes cooked right in the burger.
- Meijer vegetable spray
- 1 can (10oz) Ro-Tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices Sargento Reduced Fat Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
- 4 Tbsp. Sabra Classic Guacamole
- Spray grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat according to manufacturer’s directions. Meanwhile, set aside 1/3 cup drained tomatoes. Mix together beef, remaining drained tomatoes, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Shape into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Grill patties 10 minutes or until cooked through (160 degrees F), turning once. Top each patty with 1 slice of cheese; melt slightly.
- Place patties on bottom halves of buns. Top each patty with 1 Tablespoon Guacamole and a generous tablespoon of reserved tomatoes. Close with tops of buns. Serve immediately.
Calories: 405; Fat: 18g; Carbohydrate: 28g; Fiber: 8g; Protein: 33g
Serve with frozen sweet potato fries and coleslaw