GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) The start of a new school year can be stressful for students. They may have some anxiety about making friends or who their teacher will be. It can be a hard time for parents, too, especially if their child is starting kindergarten or a new school. The experts at Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services have tips for parents on how to deal with back to school jitters.
Back to School Tips
- Get your kids used to a school bedtime schedule
- Give your kids dates for upcoming school events
- Ask your kids if they have questions
- Contact teachers for your kids
- Share with teachers and ask for support
You’re your child’s advocate!
- Research the school
- Share information with teachers
- Look for opportunities to get involved in school