GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) West Michigan is ready to help the victims of the tornado that tore through parts of Wyoming and Kentwood Sunday night. If you would like to help in the relief efforts, there are several ways to do so.
Both the American Red Cross of Grand Rapids and the Salvation Army of West Michigan have resources for people affected by the storm and are seeking financial donations to help fund the relief efforts.
AMERICAN RED CROSS
- The American Red Cross of Grand Rapids set up a shelter in Kentwood and it remains open to any of the residents of 270 homes that were damaged. The shelter is located at the Kentwood Activities Center at 355 48th Street SE.
- To donate to the Red Cross, send checks to the American Red Cross of West Michigan at 1050 Fuller Ave. NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503 and include “HELP WM” on the check.
- You can give online by visiting redcross.org/donate.
- You can give by texting REDCROSS to 90999, or call 1.800.RED.CROSS.
- If you would like to volunteer with the Red Cross, call 616.456.8661 and ask for the volunteer services department.
- The Salvation Army of West Michigan has set up a canteen to provide food at Ideal Park Christian Reformed Church, located at the corner of 56th Street SW and Averill Avenue SW.
- To donate to Salvation Army of West Michigan and Northern Indiana, send checks to The Salvation Army at 1215 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3849 and include “HELP WM” on the check.
- You can also give by calling 616.459.3433.
- For more information go to http://sawmni.org/wmni/emergency-disaster-services.