GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) – According to Doctors our ability to grow new brain cells is alive as long as we are. However, just as we need to continue to care for our bodies we mustn’t neglect our brains either. They need nourishment, too.
To keep your brain strong and active try these tips.
• Movement: Exercise ensures that neurons stay lively and facilitates the regeneration of new cells.
• Eat Well and in Moderation: Eat healthy foods and in appropriate quantities.
• Keep things Spicy: Curcumin, a component of turmeric, has been reported to regenerate brain cells after a stroke. Curcumin stimulates neural plasticity and repair.
• Live in Love: Being engaged in activities that bring love and meaning to your life increases levels of oxytocin. This will decrease stress response and brain cell production is inhibited during times of stress.
• Learn It!: Try something new and never stop learning! Sign up for a course or class or simply join a club to meet with new people and keep your mind open to new thoughts and perceptions.
ABOUT WOTV 4 WOMEN’S WELLNESS EXPERT
Michele Fife Bio: wotv4women.com/2014/01/21/michele-fife
Michele Fife’s Website: michelefife.com
Michele’s Pinterest Page: www.pinterest.com/michelewotv4
Michele Fife Private Yoga: sign up for a session with Michele