GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Sleepovers can be a lot of fun, but can also cause some kids anxiety and fear. Vanessa from Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services has some tips on how to prepare kids for sleepovers.
Is Your Child Ready For A Sleepover?
- Are they sleeping through the night consistently?
- Have they had a previous visit or play date?
- Have you connected with the hosting family to ensure your own comfort?
Helping Your Child Have A Successful Sleepover
- Take time to talk to your child and ask about fears
- Review with them basic routine and any activities that may take place
- Pack their comfort items
- Let them know you are available to get them