Take action against abuse

Photo courtesy YWCA West Central Michigan

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Abuse and assault happen everywhere, and it can happen to anyone. Do you know what to do if it happens to you or a loved one? The YWCA West Central Michigan has some tips on what you need to watch out for.

Where Do I Go for Help?

If you’re a child:

  • Talk to your parents or another trusted adult

If you’re an adult:

  • YWCA 24 Hour Confidential Hotlines
  • (616) 451-2744 (domestic/dating violence)
  • (616) 776-7273 (RAPE) (sexual assault)
  • If in immediate danger, call 911

What if Someone Comes to Me For Help?

  • Listen and believe
  • Offer unconditional support, free of judgment
  • Access resources on behalf of the child

When Do I Get Involved?

  • Get involved immediately by believing & listening
  • Tell police, especially if parents are harming a child
  • Trust your intuition

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s