GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Special times with our kids mean special foods and special treats. Our friend Shari Steinbach from Meijer has been busy coming up with fun things for kids to make.
Sweet Popcorn Snack Mix
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups rice Chex
- 1 bag microwave white popcorn, popped
- 1 bag white melting candies
- 1 large bag Easter M&Ms
- In a large bowl, mix together popcorn, broken pretzel sticks, and M&Ms.
- Melt white candies in a microwave safe bowl on high power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don’t over stir or your sprinkles won’t stick).
- Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle evenly with sprinkles before chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- One 6 oz. container Meijer plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and honey. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Serve with apple slices, cut up fruit, graham crackers, or pretzels.
Chocolate Strawberry Nachos
- Baked cinnamon chips (recipe below)
- Diced strawberries tossed with a few teaspoons of sugar
- Melted chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Place cinnamon chips on a platter and top with diced strawberries.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with whipped cream.
Baked Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 4 Tbsp. butter and mix in 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread melted butter mixture on top of flour or whole grain tortillas and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 8 wedges. Place them (not touching each other) on an ungreased baking sheet, cinnamon sugar side up, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Remove from baking sheet and put on a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining tortillas.