Tulsi, or Holy Basil, is considered to have “divine” health properties. While it is fairly common in Indian households, many here have not yet heard of it.
I came to know Tulsi while attending my Ayurvedic training this year and have added Tulsi as a tea to my every day diet. I began taking the tea as a way to ease stress and establish calm presence. Tulsi can sooth an anxious mind.
Some of Tulsi suggested benefits include:
- support for respiratory system health
- antioxidant protection against free radicals
- calming effect and relief from occasional stress
- support for immune system
- digestive system health
- helps to maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range
For me, I know that when I am feeling calm and relaxed that naturally my immune system is stronger, non taxed, and my body can function at its highest potential. Give Tulsi a try. I use it in a loose tea form as my bedtime reading drink.