Perrigo steps out for Susan G. Komen Race

Komen

Step out for a great cause with hundreds of women, men and children in the Southwest Michigan community. he Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. 

>>>>Register here.

Participating in the Susan G. Komen Southwest Michigan Affiliate Race for the Cure® with a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day. Rally around someone you know who was just diagnosed, someone who has fought the battle, or someone who may have lost the battle. Together, with your friends, family and co-workers, you make an even greater impact than you could alone.

The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that brings out several first timers and seasoned runners. The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message in their communities.

Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the race will stay in Southwest Michigan to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, and survivor services and education for uninsured or underinsured women.  The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.

Southwest Michigan counties include: Allegan, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joesph, and Van Buren.

Why Run

Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men in Southwest Michigan with services that have literally saved hundreds of lives. You help make the following programs possible:

  • Free mammograms and diagnostics
  • Support services for breast cancer survivors
  • Education about the warning signs of breast cancer, methods of early detection and the latest treatment options
  • Cutting edge research to find a cure for breast cancer

Up to 75 percent of net proceeds are used for local programs like those listed above, with 25 percent used to fund breast cancer research.

blog comments powered by Disqus