GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) Boats have come a long way since the gas-guzzling, no frills boats of the past.
Some of the most state-of-the-art pontoon boats can be found at the Grand Rapids Boat Show at DeVos Place. Harold Hall from Hall’s Sports Center shows Maranda a Premier pontoon boat with twin 300 HP engines, complete with a mini kitchen so you can spend the whole day fishing and cruising the lake. Another pontoon boat at the show is a double decker boat that features a water slide off the top deck.
For those who want a little action on the water, there’s a wakeboarding simulator. You can meet some professional wakeboarders and see them perform at the show on Friday and Saturday.
One thing you may not expect to see at the boat show is a live alligator! Swampmaster Jeff Quattrocchi is hosting educational, family-friendly shows that feature him interacting with an eight foot alligator.
- Thursday, Feb. 20, 5 p.m. & 8 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 21, 2 p.m. & 5 p.m. & 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 22, Noon & 3 p.m. & 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 23, 1 p.m. & 4 p.m.
Boat Show Hours:
- Thursday, Feb. 20, 3 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 21, 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 22, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Adults: $10
- Children 6-14: $4
- 5 & under: free