In celebration of Black History Month, the Legacy Ball invites you to grab your dancing shoes and enjoy a fun night out. The annual event helps to support education and contributions of individuals in West Michigan.
The community is invited to experience the 7th Annual Legacy Ball. The Legacy Ball honors the organizations and individuals that have made a substantial impact in Grand Rapids, and will take place Friday February 28, 2014 at the JW Marriott Hotel in downtown Grand Rapids. This year’s event will highlight the contributions of esteemed architect Isaac V. Norris; owner and operator of multiple local McDonald’s restaurants, Carl Wiseman; community pillar, Brenda Brame; and Mayor George Heartwell to the Grand Rapids area. Click HERE for tickets.
The Legacy Ball has consistently supported Grand Rapids in the following ways over the past 6 years:
- Presenting more than $30,000.00 to students in scholarships and black non-profits
- Building goodwill throughout the Grand Rapids community by providing a well put together, high end – but affordable event that uplifts and empowers the black community while simultaneously encouraging other cultures to celebrate in a display of unity
- Financially investing in small business by utilizing many black vendors, thus providing a platform for them to showcase their products and services
- Honoring heroes in the community and those who support the black community
Student Scholarships and Award Ceremony
VIP Networking Reception & Celebrity Silent Auction
Specially Created Dinner Menu by the Executive Chef of the JW Marriott
Lively & Entertaining Program
- Friday, February 28, 2014
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids
- 235 Louis Campau Promendade NW
- Grand Rapids, MI 49503
For more information call 616-308-0961